If you’re considering a new Buick vehicle as your next Thomasville, GA car or SUV, you may be wondering, is Buick American? The answer is yes. Buick began manufacturing their affordably priced high-end models for the American driver all the way back in 1903! Explore where some of today’s most popular Buick models are made before you get behind the wheel at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC.
Where Is Buick Made?
While it remains true that Buick is an American brand, the answer to “Where is Buick made?” is quite a bit more involved. You see, Buick has assembly plants situated in a diverse range of locations, including the United States, Canada, China, South Korea, and Germany. Find out where your favorite model is produced, below:
- Buick Encore – This popular compact SUV is currently assembled in South Korea at Buick’s Bupyeong manufacturing plant.
- Buick Enclave – Crawfordville families love the three-row Buick Enclave for its spacious interior equipped with countless luxury amenities. Currently, the Enclave is assembled in Detroit, Michigan at the Lansing Delta Township plant.
- Buick Envision – This mid-size crossover SUV is assembled at a GM assembly plant in Shanghai, China.
- Buick Lacrosse – The Buick Lacrosse luxury sedan is a great option for commuters concerned with fuel efficiency. Today, the Lacrosse is assembled at the Fairfax assembly plant in Fairfax, Kansas.
Who Owns Buick?
You may have noticed that the Buick Envision is built at a General Motors (GM)-branded assembly plant rather than at a Buick-branded assembly plant. This has to do with the answer to “Who owns Buick?” Buick is one of four brands that are owned by GM, along with Chevrolet, GMC (also sold here at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC), and Cadillac. Thought of as an entry-level luxury brand, Buick’s models fall into the lineup above Chevrolet and GMC, and just below Cadillac.
Why Drive a Buick?
You’ve probably noticed Buick models on the road quite often when driving through Panama City. But what makes them so popular? As an entry-level luxury brand, Buick models are equipped with premium amenities like automatic climate control, heated leather seating, and more features you would expect to find in luxury competitors like BMW and Lexus, but without that luxury price tag. No matter what Buick model you choose to get behind the wheel of, you can expect to find these features and more:
- Buick Infotainment System with color touchscreen
- Teen Driver technology
- QuietTuning™ technology
- Striking wood tones and brushed chrome accents
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and Lane Change Alert
- And so much more
Explore the Buick Luxury Lineup in Tallahassee
We’re sure you’re eager to take the next steps toward a new Buick after learning more about this iconic American automaker. The team at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC is standing by and excited to help! Contact us to schedule an appointment or simply stop by to see us in Tallahassee today. While you’re here, you can start a conversation with our finance team to explore your leasing and buying options, as well as learn more about our current offers and incentives.