2020 GMC Sierra Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a light-duty pickup that more than pulls its weight, the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 won’t leave you feeling disappointed. With the proper equipment, the GMC Sierra 1500 towing capacity reaches 13,400 pounds, giving you plenty of power on the job site and around Thomasville, GA. Read on to learn more about the Sierra 1500 pickup truck’s capabilities, and the engines and features that make them possible.
How Much Can the GMC Sierra Tow?
What equipment is needed to help the new Sierra 1500 reach its maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds? First, you’ll need the Double Cab with a standard cargo box. Then, you’ll need the 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and the Max Trailering Package. The Sierra 1500 is available in different body styles, colors, and sizes, and with a wide selection of features. Here’s a quick breakdown of some of its options:
- Engine Options: 2.7L turbo engine, 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 engine
- Truck Bed Lengths: Short Box or Standard Box
- Drivetrain Options: 4WD or 2WD
- Cab Styles: Crew Cab, Double Cab, or Regular Cab
- Trim Levels: Base, SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4, and Denali
Opting for the Crew Cab gives you a towing capacity of6,500 – 12,100 pounds. When you choose the Double Cab, which has a smaller interior, you’ll have a towing capacity of 6,600 – 13,400 pounds.
GMC Sierra: Towing Features
The GMC Sierra 1500 is built to make towing easier and safer, thanks to the following features:
- Max Trailering Package: With this package, you can take advantage of the Sierra 1500’s max. 13,400-pound towing capacity. It includes a 9.76-inch rear axle, a 3.42 axle ratio, revised shock tuning, heavier-duty rear springs, an enhanced cooling radiator, and a 220-amp alternator.
- Auto Electric Parking Brake Assist: This system helps prevent your truck from rolling when you switch to Park while using Hitch View.
- Trailering Camera Package: Lane changing and reversing is made easier with this package, especially if you’re towing a trailer. It can work in tandem with a trailer-mounted camera for greater visibility.
- Traction Select System with Tow/Haul Mode: This system alters the transmission shift points, StabiliTrak, and throttle mapping based on your drive mode.
- Integrated Trailer Brake Controller: Adjust and monitor the trailer brakes using the control buttons on the center console.
What Is the GMC Sierra ProGrade Trailering System?
The available ProGrade Trailering System gives you access to next-level towing technology via high-resolution cameras, smartphone apps, and the vehicle infotainment display. Towing is easier than ever, thanks to the following functions:
- Hitch View: Hitch your trailer the first time with Hitch View, which includes a dynamic grid line and zoom feature.
- Trailer Light Sequence Test: Ensure your trailer lights are working properly before heading out on Crawfordville roads by completing the trailer light sequence test.
- Trailering App: This handy app features pre-departure checklists, Trailer Theft Detection, configurable trailer brake settings, and more.
Test Drive the Sierra 1500 at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC
If you’re ready to experience the power of the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500, contact us online or give us a call at 850-304-0538 to learn more. Have any more questions about the GMC Sierra towing capacity, best tires, or performance? Don’t hesitate to ask! While you’re here, be sure to browse our current new vehicle specials for opportunities to save on this rugged light-duty pickup.
Learn More at Dale Earnhardt Jr. Buick GMC
The GMC Hummer EV, the world’s first all-electric supertruck, has been revealed just eight months after GMC first hinted at the project back in February 2020. Engineered to be a monolith of off-road capability, the all-new GMC Hummer is equipped with revolutionary features like CrabWalk, Extract Mode, and underbody cameras. Explore these trail-focused capabilities and…
The 2021 GMC Terrain trim levels provide Tallahassee drivers with the options and price points needed to get into the full-sized SUV that satisfies. With seating for up to five and a maximum towing capacity of up to 1,500 pounds, this model works hard to check off all your boxes, and the Terrain configurations make…
If you’ve been heavily considering the new Buick Encore as your next small SUV but are worried it may not be spacious enough for your busy Thomasville, GA lifestyle, you’ll love the all-new Buick Encore GX! Building off of the standard Encore with a rommier cabin, the 2020Buick Encore GX interior offers 50.2 cubic feet of…